Not to make any of you feel panicky, but…2015 is only a few days away! As it often happens when the year draws to a close, it’s hard to believe that it’ almost over.
As the new year quickly approaches, it’s good to look back on 2014 and reflect on how we can take our careers and our lives to another level. One of the best ways to inspire you to go after your dreams is to surround yourself and fill your mind with positive words of affirmation. Below are a list of quotes that will inspire you to make the most out of your personal and professional life in 2015.
(All of the people mentioned in the article can be found on social media. Connect with them for more inspiration in 2015!)
1. “Try to divorce being creative from being adored.” –Benjamin Heath (@bennie)
Lesson: It’s easy to want to do what everyone else likes or is gravitating toward. It’s also easy to get discouraged when not everyone likes our ideas, but that doesn’t mean you should stop original thinking. Sometimes the bravest thing you can do is go out on a limb alone.
2. “If you aren’t stoked about the journey, you probably won’t be excited about the destination. Live the magic every day.” –Paige Overturf (@paigeoverturf)
Lesson: So often we get caught up in the idea that our lives will be better once we have certain things or achieve certain things. “I’ll be happier when I’m skinny,” or “I’ll be happier when I get a raise,” or “I’ll be happier when he/she likes me.” The truth is, that in order to be truly happy, it has to start from the present. Be happy where you’re at now, you’ll appreciate things more.
3. “Never ever let someone make you feel less than awesome. You are awesome if you want to be.” –Stephanie Be (@StephBeTravel)
Lesson: In 2015 I urge you to rid yourself of anyone in your life who doesn’t make you feel appreciated. Life is too short to spend it with people who don’t see your value.
4. “Whether it’s sharing your art, thoughts, knowledge, passions, love, (and the list goes on and on)–whatever you do, don’t hold back.” –Brenna Nickels (@brenna_marriie)
Lesson: Don’t ever hold back from showing the world your true colors. You have a voice that deserves to be heard.
5. “Always go the distance to affirm and love someone who has opened up in vulnerability and weakness to you.” –Chase Blood (@chaseblood)
Lesson: It takes insane courage to be vulnerable with other people. If someone in your professional life or personal life opens up to you about an idea or a personal thought, always give them your full attention.
6. “Make life your passion project. Never stop learning, growing, and exploring. Life’s too short to not make it the best story you’ve ever told.” –Patrick Moreau (@Stillmotion)
Lesson: Life’s too short to not be doing or putting your energy into things you aren’t passionate about. Ask yourself if what you’re doing currently aligns with the person you want to be. If your answer is no, it’s important to readjust and realign your current situation.
7. ”Don’t ever let setbacks derail your dreams. We’re driven not by our successes or achievements, but by our ability to overcome obstacles.” –Caulin Grant (@caulingrant)
Lesson: On the road to success, there will always be small setbacks. Whether it’s someone or something rejecting us, or having to make small changes, it’s those setbacks that strengthen who we are and shape our personalities.
8. “If you don’t live out your dreams, someone else will make you live theirs.”–Jefte Sanchez (@JefteSanchez)
Lesson: You have to have the courage and bravery to go after what you want in your personal and professional life. You won’t get what you want out of life if you’re too afraid to stand up and be bold. Chase your dreams, don’t follow the footprints of others.
9. “Wherever it may be, find the place that renews your sense of wonder.” –Victoria Wright (@Veekster)
Lesson: Whether it’s your favorite hike, a seaside dock, or your couch–find the place that restores your sanity. Going after goals/dreams can be draining when you’re working hard. Finding the place that restores your sanity is essential to keep your creativity flowing.
10. “One of the greatest gifts we could possibly possess, is the gift of possibility. Knowing that the future holds hope and better days… gives new found energy to seize today.”–Dmitry Shpak (@iamshpak)
Lesson: The possibility and opportunity to succeed is one of our greatest assets. As we continue to move forward to 2015 and chase bigger goals and dreams, everything we build today could lead us to something greater.
And a bonus for extra inspiration:
11. “If you don’t give it your all, why try at all? Do what you love, love what you do.” –Kyle Kuiper (@kdkuiper)
Lesson: When going after your dreams, always put in your best effort. You won’t achieve the things you want by not giving your dreams and your goals your all. When looking at where you were struggling in the past, ask yourself if there’s a way you can step up in 2015, you won’t regret it!
Photo: Life of Pix
Levo League is a social good startup designed to elevate young women in the workforce by providing the career resources needed to achieve personal and professional success.